- d) William Perkins 1801, probably Grayson Co., VA - 1864, Whitley Co., KY. He married 1st, Peggy McKee, and 2nd, Rebecca Shepard;
- e) Jabez Perkins, 1766?, New Haven?, CT - 1836. Will made 27 Dec 1835, probated Feb term 1836, Whitley Co., KY. He married Nancy Ann ????? (sometimes thought to be a Creekmore but no known contemporary proof). He may have married 2nd, Nancy White, 27 Dec 1835 (said to be a marriage certificate at KY State Archives, not seen by this researcher);
- f) Timothy Perkins, 1736, New Haven, CT - abt 1782, NC (possibly after the Battle of King's Mountain. He was a Loyalist serving in several South Carolina militia organizations with his brother Joseph (Murtie June Clark, Loyalists in the Southern Campaign of the Revolutionary War). He married Miriam Sperry;
- g) Joseph Perkins, 1701, New Haven, CT - abt 1776, CT or NC. He married Phebe Moulthrop;
- h) Stephen Perkins, 1680, New Haven CT - 1753, New Haven, CT. He married 1st, Elizabeth Ford, and 2nd, Anne Howe;
- i) John Perkins, 1651, New Haven, CT - abt 1726-27, CT. He married 1st, Mary ?????, and 2nd, Rebecca Thompson.
- j) Edward Perkins, abt 1623, London, England - died before 1690 (date of recordation of deeds to his three sons). He took the Oath of Fidelity 18 October 1648 in New Haven Colony. He may be the Edward Perkins, son of William Perkins, Merchant Tailor of Abbots Salford and Saint Dunstan in the West, London, and his 2nd wife, Mary Purchas. If true he was a half-brother to Rev/Capt. William Perkins of Topsfield. Edward married Elizabeth Butcher.
My Y DNA is a close match to the Y DNA of the Chiefs of Clan Donald, purportedly descendants of Somerled, King of Mann and Lord of the Isles, who was killed in 1164 during the Battle of Renfew. There were Scottish rebels surnamed McDonald sent to New England in the 1600s after their defeat at the hands of the English.
Thanks to Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings blog for the idea for this post. I will continue with my maternal line and with the paternal or maternal lines of other grandparents.